Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Obscure Angel?!!

Sender: Pink

I joined the Weird / Odd / Strange RR, and I got my first card for the yucky / gross cards group within it, from Japan! Pink wrote that the title of the card is "Obscure Angel". When I first saw it my mind spun so, as I have never been exposed to this type of contemporary art. Our postie was perhaps trying to be discreet when he delivered this card. It was folded & tied with a rubber-band so that no one can see the picture straightaway. You can still see the crease in the scanned version here. LOL! :D

I found out that the picture was by Kizimecca. 
Kizimecca (b. 1967) is a Japanese artist living in Tokyo. He is a self trained oil painting artist since the age of 16. Some say that his work is meant to be sort of a statement to the society. You can google to see more of his contemporary works of art but open your minds up before you do...

I agree with Pink's views on her card..!


No comments: