Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Waxen Mark Twain


Sender: Lagina

Text on card: The Wax Museum 919, Bannock Street, Denver, Colorado.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain) wrote stories and essays of the American Frontier with a wry humour that won him international fame. His best known works are two novels about boys, "Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer".

Lagina sent this card for the "Huh? Creepy!" group in the Colour RR. Yes, the wax figurines of Mark Twain and..Tom Sawyer? or Huckleberry Finn?...are creepy alright. I would not appreciate being left alone with them! (Too many horror movies seen!)

I read both novels in my childhood, but I especially loved "Tom Sawyer". I remember doing a lot of thinking after reading the book and annoying my Mum over and over again on why so and so is like such and why so and so did such? But then later she went and bought me "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "The Lord of The Flies" and again my childhood brain cells went into overdrive...Oh my poor dear Mum! :)

No comments: