Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yosemite National Park

Sender: Vejoyce
Text on card: Taft Point, Yosemite National Park, California 
Taft Point can be reached by walking 1.1 easy miles from Glacier Point Road, from here one can look down over 3,000 feet into Yosemite Valley.

Yosemite National Park is one of the first wilderness parks in the United States with granite cliffs, deep valleys, waterfalls, clear streams, grand meadows, ancient giant sequoias, a vast wilderness area, etc. Just thinking about standing there at Taft Point can do funny things to my tummy. I'm sure the views from that point are spectacular and worth the climb but I wonder if I can really enjoy them if my feelings are mingled with a high dosage of fear (of heights!). I'm sure I won't be able to hold on to a camera, let alone take pictures! I'd be crawling slowly feeling my way.. :D

Vejoyce sent this card for the 'Y' group in the Alphabet RR. Amazing high peaks and natural landscape!


No comments: