Monday, August 15, 2011

I can hear Bohemian Rhapsody...

Sender: Roelof


I was very happy to receive this card as Queen is on the topmost of my favourite bands. Their music reigned across the radio airwaves at the peak of their popularity and they were one of the most essential live bands to see. To me, Freddie Mercury was very talented, he possessed a unique recognisable voice with a remarkable range and a strong stage presence, very colourful, unpredictable, with lots of flamboyant personality. 

Unfortunately, on November 24, 1991, Freddie Mercury passed away. But Queen and their music is still loved by many. My all time favourite => "Bohemian Rhapsody" ( it became one of the greatest singles of all time).

List of other personal favourites:-
"Somebody to Love"
"I Want to Break Free"
"We Are the Champions"/"We Will Rock You",
"Bicycle Race"
"Radio Ga Ga"
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
"Another One Bites the Dust"
"Under Pressure" (with David Bowie)
and many others...!

Band members: Freddie Mercury - Lead Vocals, Piano. Brian May – Lead Guitar, Vocals. Roger Taylor – Percussion, Vocals. John Deacon – Bass Guitar, Vocals

"Why are you wasting your time doing this? You should do more original material. You should be more demonstrative in the way that you put the music across. If I was your singer that's what I'd be doing." ~ (Freddie Mercury to Brian May & Roger Taylor prior to joining their band)


No comments: