Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Redwood Highway

Sender: WriteShopRobert
Driving the California Redwoods

Text on card: What a truly amazing experience it is to drive the redwoods in an open top car. The incredible scenery, the aroma of sweet woods and the rush of fresh air is truly exhilarating. (Painting by Paul A. Lanquist)

I would like to see the redwoods very much! 

Not sure about driving around/being in an open top car though. My close pal had an open top car once and I did love being in it except that the wind messed up my hair, the polluted air dirtied my face (being in the city!) and more often than not, we had to keep the hood down (boring!) as it rained rained rained most of the times! And being women in a car like that attracted unwelcome attention from some quarters. 

My pal finally sold her open top car when she experienced "the last straw" kind of experience. She told me a lorry attendant in a neighbouring lorry touched her hair/head while she was stationary at the traffic lights! Eeewww!! :-P


No comments: