Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The British Policeman


Sender: Duplevista
Text on card: Police (Policeman directing the traffic)
Reproduced from a stamp designed by Brian Sanders and issued by the Post Office on the 26th September 1979. 

I love this postal stamp cards!!

Duplevista sent this card for the 'X' alphabet group in the Alphabet RR, stating that he knew it was rather desperate. I laughed and laughed and laughed when I understood what he meant. But top marks for creativity to Duplevista! Can you spot the 'X' alphabet in the card?  Now you know why postcrossing gives me so much joy!! Sometimes it's not only the card, it's what's conveyed by the writer too! :D
Yahoo, a Brownie stamp! I was a Brownie when I was in primary school. I loved my Brownie meetings. My "Sixes" was named Imp! Now how could I recall that when I've forgotten many things from primary school? I can even still remember our pack's Brownie Promise: "I promise to do my best, to do my duty, to God and country, to help other people, especially those at home." Even though I have long left my Brownie days, I still carry the substance of this promise with me, in my adult life.

No comments: