Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Dearest Departed


Sender: Daliz
"The Dearest Departed"
Original artwork commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park in 2009.

I've been to Disney World in Florida ages ago (not Disneyland) and had a taste of the Haunted Mansion. It was rather eerie since I was a very young girl and easily spooked. I did not remember the pet cemetery in that mansion. But I've been to a historic mansion in England many many many years ago, which had a frustrating maze that I got lost in and a beautifully kept pet cemetery. I was rather touched to see the latter since it was my first time coming across real people keeping a cemetery ground for their departed beloved animal companions, complete with tombstones and engraved names. It made me feel warm inside.

No comments: