Saturday, March 31, 2012

Porter Heights Ski Field




Sender: Wildfire
'A' is for 'Alpine Adventurer'!

Text on card: Porter Heights Ski Field is located 90km from Christchurch within the beautiful Craigieburn Range. Porter Heights offers snowmaking facilities and superb skiing from June each year for beginners through to accomplished skiers.

Wildfire writes that skiing is far too adventurous for her. Same here, same here. I have only been to one skiing town which was Aviemore in Scotland. And nope, I did not try skiing there at all! Too lazy to put on all that skiing equipment! (Actually too scared of hurting my knees or my back in the learn-to-ski process!) I was comfortable just watching the experienced skiers and how they "flew" on snow. Amazing!

Oh, and I have been to an artificial ski slope in Dubai. Now that was a painful experience. It felt colder than being in the real snowy conditions! I was too frozen to even talk or move in there! :D

Nope, skiing is not for me. Give me ice-skating anytime!! Not so cold or difficult!

No comments: