Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Brother and Sister

Sender: Alienne
"Brother and Sister"
A lovely illustration of a fairytale by the Brothers Grimm
'B' is for 'Brother'

Excerpt:-

When they came to the third spring the sister heard how its rushing sound said, "Whoever drinks from me will become a deer. Whoever drinks from me will become a deer."
The sister said, "Oh, brother, do not drink, or you will become a deer and run away from me."
But the brother had already knelt down by the spring, leaned over, and drunk from the water. As soon as the first drops touched his lips he lay there in the form of a young deer.
Now the sister cried over her poor bewitched brother, and the deer cried also, sitting sadly next to her.
Finally the girl said, "Be quiet, my sweet little deer. I will never, never leave you."


No comments: