Monday, December 17, 2012

A plethora of cards


Sender: Lauren

Lauren sent me 5 cards in an envelope with a message for me to choose which one I like best and to do what I like with the rest/them all. Truly, it was hard for me to choose (postcardholic me!). They all had different themes and were equally interesting... But since the butterfly was red in colour and stood out because of that, I chose that as the one pictured on my official Postcrossing (received cards) wall. TQ Lauren, for your generous gifts...the stickers, the stamps, and your written letter. I only wish I can return you the favour! :)

What are pop tarts pictured above? I think I have never eaten them!
"Snowwhite" Collage 20 x 30cm - Ka Van Haasteren
Try to decipher what this collage art card convey...mysterious!
Text on card: Works Progress Administration (WPA) 
Artists: Doug Leen - Brian Maebius
Between 1935 and 1943 the WPA's Federal Art Project printed over two million posters in 35,000 different designs to stir the public's imagination for education, theater, health, safety, and travel. Due to their fragile nature only two thousand posters have survived. This contemporary design illustrates many of the WPA era posters, including those of our National Parks.
A book published in 1960 by American author John Updike. I've never read it before but the book review I came across stated that it was a classic story of dissatisfaction and restlessness.

No comments: