Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hourglass

Sender: Reginald

Hourglass

Watching the sand in the hourglass, 
As it silently trickles away; 
Seeing time slip though my fingers, 
As quickly go the days. 
Looking at each grain of sand, 
As a tiny piece of time. 
Too small to be measured, 
Except by this heart of mine.

For every grain has a meaning, 
Of time so fleeting and fast; 
Each time that I see you, 
More precious than the last. 
Although those times are far between, 
And for me all too few; 
I treasure each tiny grain of sand, 
As a moment spent with you. 

For each moment brings me pleasure, 
Savoring each morsel of time; 
I drink from a cup of happiness, 
As if tasting of sweet wine. 
I draw from a well of contentment, 
As long as I know you are near; 
For one day I will look up, 
And you will be standing here. 

Bringing the joy you always bring, 
Spilling sunlight into this place; 
Warming my heart with your presence, 
And the smile upon your face. 
Watching the sand in the hourglass, 
Until you are back with me; 
As long as the tiny grains trickle down, 
I will wait for you patiently. 

Allison Chambers Coxsey
©1995


No comments: