Sunday, September 29, 2013

Le Train Bleu


Sender: Monkeyflower
Le Train Blue at Bloomingdale's, New York City
A nostalgic recreation of a luxury French Railroad Dining Car

I read that the Original “Le Train Bleu” was a luxury French night express train which carried wealthy and famous passengers between Calais and the French Riviera from 1922 until 1938. Yup, I can imagine the bejewelled rich people using the train/dining car. I wonder if this restaurant is also for the wealthy and famous? 

I used to travel by train a lot (over 300km one way) to school and back during my school years. In those days, air travel was a luxury. So the majority of us schoolgirls used the train as the main form of transportation. But our train's "dining car" (cough!) couldn't even compare to this one (cough! cough!) even if it is a recreation :-D

No comments: