Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Errol Flynn

Sender: Ireneintheworld
'E' is for 'Errol Flynn'

I was overjoyed to receive an Athena postcard. In my teens, Athena airbrushed posters adorned my bedroom walls, they were the craze back then. Airbrushed chic, sophisticated, glamorous women faces with shiny red lips and striking eye make-up! Now oh, so retro! Thanks to Irene for bringing back my teenage memories :)

Errol Flynn (20 June 1909 – 14 October 1959), I best remember him as Robin Hood although there were other swashbuckling adventures in which he starred. I love classic movies and when I was living abroad, I used to hoard a particular TV channel which showed many of that genre late at night or on weekends, including Errol Flynn movies. He was so heroic, athletic, dashing, a real Hollywood symbol in his heyday. And I prefer to leave out the negative reports on his real life persona for he is long gone now.

"If you like a thing once, try it twice." ~ Errol Flynn

Irene! I really love this card you sent!! :D
Why oh why are the stamps covered by the airmail sticker? I want to see the stamps, I'm sure I haven't seen those ones before!

No comments: